The 5th Annual Memaryat International Conference. MIC 2021 Masjid Architecture: Form and Meaning – Online Conference
Architecture Department under Effat College of Architecture and Design (ECoAD), Effat University in collaboration with Abdullatif Al Fozan Award for Mosque Architecture are organizing the 5th Annual Memaryat International Conference: Masjid Architecture: Form and Meaning (MIC 2021) to be held ONLINE from Tues. 23rd – Wed. 24th February 2021.
Masjid Architecture: Form and Meaning MIC 2021 analyses the current directions and projected future visions of mosque architecture, a significant pillar for Muslim communities around the globe. The Masjid, as an institution, has been and continues to be the epicenter of spiritual, moral and cultural life in Muslim societies. Though maintaining its overarching spatial, visual and physical characteristics over the centuries, the mosque design has undergone various transformations that underline its centrality and adaptability to Muslim societal developments.
This Conference provides an international platform for exchanging experiences and visions for mosque architecture and development. It inaugurates constructive dialogues regarding the mosque design philosophy, spatial characteristics, visual dimensions, communal locational choices, and building technologies. The Conference aims to create an intellectual forum for architects, designers, engineers, academics, scholars, and theorists from around the world to discuss and potentially develop contemporary design solutions and future visions for the mosque as a deep-rooted and an enduring Islamic institution.”
The Conference Scientific Committee now accepting abstracts for its Fifth Annual Memaryat International Conference. MIC 2021 encourages submissions from architectural, landscape, and urban scholars; Graduate students, independent scholars; architects; scholars in related fields; and members Scientific Societies and related organizations in both English and Arabic Languages. Thematic sessions and Graduate Student Lightning Talks are listed below.
- Experience and Researches on Masjid Architecture
- Experience and Researches on Planning and urban Design for Masjid
- Technology in Designing and Constructing the Masjid
- Environmental Design of the Masjid
- Operation and Maintenance for the Masjid
- Practical experience and Lessons
- Architecture Department under Effat College of Architecture and Design (ECoAD), Effat University
- Abdullatif Al Fozan Award for Mosque Architecture
- Smart Building Research Center (SBRC), Effat University
- Saudi Umran Society, Jeddah
- Saudi Arabian Society for Culture & Arts, Jeddah (SASCA)
Registered and presented papers will be published in an ISBN Conference proceeding after the due double peer review for full paper versions.
For inquiries and contacts:
Conference Web page:3